Friday, May 25, 2007

The Red Rings of Death

So two nights ago Gary's Xbox 360, his launch console that I bought, it gave him the red rings of death. His 360 is very dead. So what does he do? Promptly runs out and buys another, then returns it and buys the more expensive Elite system. That's all well and good, but I told him I can fix his 360. And I will...we will. I have some experience taking apart and working on computers, so I'm not completely inept at this kind of thing. The problem it supposed to be the heat sinks coming loose from the GPU and CPU, so the fix means having to completely disassemble the thing, going so far as even removing the motherboard, and then cleaning and applying new thermal compound to the GPU and CPU. We'll be needing some other bits and pieces we can get from Lowe's or Home Depot, but I'm going to fix his shit.

Oh yea, theres a NJN show at Tower's Pub tonight. Don't ask me where that is, because I don't know yet. This may become the last Not Just Noise show, since Tim is moving to Columbia in like a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home