Friday, November 04, 2005

Emergency service my ass

Fuck St. Anthony's. We've had to take my mom to the ER twice in 6 days now and the service has been the worst I've ever witnessed. Last friday night we took mom in around 1am and it was 1 1/2 hours before she even got a room. Then they misdiagnosed her. Thursday we took her in to the ER at 4:30 and she didn't get a room till 8pm! And I guess the second time they did their job right, because now she's going in tommorow at noon to get her gall bladder out. Well I'm glad they got it right this time now that it's on the verge of fucking explosion. The first time they said she had a UTI, which I thought didn't make much sense. Then another doctor confirmed it wasn't a UTI on thursday, which confirmed my belief St. Anthony's can go fuck themselves!

It's been once long day. I drove to Kirksville to bring my sister home to see mom before surgury tommorow. So 4 hours up there and 4 hours back, and straight to the hospital where the can't get the goddamn IV in right and sticks her 3 times to finally get it, and she's bleeding all over the bed. I mean Jesus Christ, I could go find a fucking Heroin junkie who could hit a goddamn vein the first try! She's been there since thursday afternoon and hasn't eaten anything. The nurses wouldn't give her any food even though the doctor said she could eat up until midnight. Now the last time I checked the doctor is the doctor for a reason, and the nurse is the dumb bitch who can't hit a goddamn vein if it was on the broadside of her double-wide back in the trailor park!

Seriously, emergency service my ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

My dad had that same problem when he went to the ER at St. Anthony's not too long ago. They made him wait in the hallway for a room for at least three hours. It's f-ing ridiculous.

What's they're problem though? Is it just that they're understaffed?

Even so, you'd think St. Anthony's should be a pretty good hospital seeing as how it's in a good area and not like in the ghetto or anything. And yet, we still have these problems.

Psshah...

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home