Saturday, March 04, 2006

Dave Grohl siting!

Last night's show was one for the ages, it was a great evening on all accounts. Not only were there 80 people there, (I confirmed that with the door guy), we made some good money and we sold a fuckton of cds. There was many of our friends there like John, Julie, Matthew, Matt, Lindsy, Erik, Beth, Steve-O, Khoury and many many more! But I was really happy that Beth finally made it to a show and both her and Julie were able to peacefully co-exist for the evening. We even had a sound guy who told us our music was really fucking good and he asked for a cd to give to this other band that's coming in next week.

Off Broadway was a phenomenal place to play! The bar was huge, they even had a balcony! And the had the cleanest bar bathrooms I've ever been in. The stage was almost as big as the one at Lil Nikki's, but the sound system was far better, and the sound guy was cool as hell! He even recorded our set for us on cd! We've decided that we are going to record another live show at Off Broadway and take the best of both cds and throw together a NJN Live at Off Broadway cd that we will sell for cheap. The Cut Offs and The Frustrated Bachelors were cool as hell, and maybe we'll get the chance to play with them again.

I felt really good about last night. It wasn't one of our best performances, but it certainly wasn't one of the worst. We played good, and I personally feel like I played very well and only made minimal mistakes. I know Gary was unhappy with his game last night, even I noticed a couple mistakes of his, but overall he was good as he always is. It seem like ever since I had that horrible show at Smiley's, and have really tried to bring my so called A-Game to our shows, that I have had great shows and Gary has consistantly been disappointed. I hope that Gary will get his swerve back soon, because I don't want to be the only one feeling good about our performances.

Oh yea, and some guy who looked like Dave Grohl was there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home