Tuesday, February 14, 2006

All kinds of stuff

I've been trying to watch as much of the Olympics as I can since it started over the weekend. I miss the way they used to be broadcast many, many years ago when it was live and broadcast in the middle of the night as it happend. Now we get short, multiple hour blocks showing ONLY the US teams and ONLY select sports, which is bullshit. Between cable and public television I should be able to have much more coverage, but instead it's like US media has got the blinders on our watchful eyes.

Then I was thinking about the last sumemr Olympics and how they decided to cancell baseball as an Olympic sport in 2012. What sense does that make? They're got Curling in the winter games where some guys throw a ROCK down a sheet of ice and try to get it in a ring. And Baseball isn't a sport?!?! Curling- which I do watch- is like a bar game some drunk fucking Sweeds thought up while knocking back pints. And then there's the Luge. Glorified bobsledding...and baseball is not a sport? The Bi-Athalon, let's ski and stop and shoot some shit, and ski and stop and shoot some more shit...again sounds like it was thought up while drinking. My theory... Baseball is to American of a sport, it is after all the great American pasttime. With all this stupid shit our government is doing I think there is a push to move away from things that are American.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home