Friday, January 20, 2006

Playing during the week

Playing during the week is a bad idea, and we should know that- yet for some reason we did the unthinkable and played a weeknight show. I don't know why we had to play during the week and as far as I'm concerned- there will be no more shows during the middle of the week, with the exception of Dimdy's pub crawls on thursdays. The show was pathetic, and a brutal reminder of how hard it was gigging back in the Silent Q days. For a few years now, dating back to Silent Q's re-emergence into the music scene, we've had it easy. We hadn't had to play a show during the week in years, and trust me when I say we did our time playing to thankless crowds and sometimes less people than I have fingers.

Suffice it to say, by the time we went on at midnight I could have given a shit about how we played because A) I was trashed and B) there were literally 9 people there- not counting other band memebers. It was pointless, a farce, futile, counter productive, worthless and unrewarding. On the up side, the Way Out club is a really cool bar- which I'm sure we could pack on a weekend show. And they have Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat on tap, which makes them ok in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home