Monday, January 16, 2006

Back to School

Well my sister has gone back to school, and I'll be going back as well tommorow. The time really flew by while she was in town, and as with all things you enjoy- it always seems to come to an end before you're ever willing to let it go. On the upside, now that school in back in session I'm sure the time will pass even faster as I'm on my way to graduation this coming May. I've been working hard to finish this, and the payoff better be sweet. But that means it's show time, it's time to see if you've really got what it takes, because all school is- is a distraction until you're truly ready to join the real world. It's a prolonging of decision which lets you feel like you're doing something important, when in fact the all important, life defining thing you're supposed to do comes at the end of school, after the fact.

Tonight is practice, just like every monday night. But usually the week of a show, it's a little more intense. At least for me. I pay a little more attention to memorization of what to play, when to change, the counts and measures, making sure I do it right. I am looking forward to the show weds night, I hope lots of people come and it goes as well as the last show. And I wish someone would send us some pictures from the last show!

Anyhow, it's incredibly nice outside for it being January- nearly 60 degrees! There's not much to do until practice tonight though. So I guess I'll be lounging around the house in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home