Monday, February 19, 2007

A spring thaw...about time

Firstly I would like to say that this new Blogger being incorperated with Google suks teh kock. I mean its a goddamn pain in the ass just to sign in now and you've gotta jump through at least 3 hoops to get to my account page. They had a good thing going and then they fuck it up. Nice.

It's finally nice outside! After what seems like at least 3 weeks of freezing cold weather it's almost 50 degrees outside now. I just washed my car after I got home from work and it can only be described as glorious outside...glorious and wet.

I'm going to have to agree with Mike Mangiore 100% about 1984. The book was one of the best reads of the science fiction genre I've read in a long time. In fact I haven't read much science fiction in quite some time. I did see a clip of the 1984 movie online and it wasn't quite how I imagined when I read the scene. It was a clip when Winston and Julia are finally caught by the Thought Police, and Winston says, "We are dead" and Julia says, "We are dead" and then hidden telescreen behind the painting says, "We are dead." The movie clip just didn't capture the way I felt when I read that through, it didn't garner the same creepy feeling I got reading that passage. So perhaps I'll pass on the movie.
I'm on the cusp of needing some new reading material. I've begun reading Ulysses by James Joyce, but I don't know if it's going to hold my interest or not. It is a Tim Brown reccomendation, so it may be more literature than I bargained for. It's the last of the new books I got for Christmas. I've finished reading Gates of Fire and Slaughterhouse-Five over the past month. I need some new books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home