Tuesday, March 13, 2007

so the weekend recap goes like this

Last friday night we played a benefit for the F.A.R. organization, whatever the fuck they are. I thought we played a good set, but it was a terribly short set. Because they had four acts, all the sets were shortened. I mean, did they really need 2 rappers? This was the county after all, and I don't think there were a lot of rap fans. It was unbearable. I literally waited in my car out front for it to end and finally get to go on.

Yes, we finally went on for like 25 minutes at midnight. It was so stupid and I feel so sorry for all the people that came and had to pay $10 bucks to get in the door and be jipped out of a full set. $10 and they didn't even comp 'em a few free drinks! We didn't get paid, so how is it they charged twice as much as normal at the door! Outrageous! It wasn't a complete waste of time, since we actually got Heather to show up for a band event, seeing as how she's been skipping practice for the last 3 weeks.

It remains to be seen if practice will or won't happen this week.

On the downside, I found out the Ten Mile House is booked through June and after that they are changing the way bands are booked. I wasn't told what was going to be changed, but if this turns into a "Pay-to-play" bar, then its the end of the Ten Mile House for us. The only thing booked now is March 30th at Just Bills, a dive up in Overland that is impossible to get people into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home