Sunday, October 08, 2006

Family Weekend

I just got home from Family Weekend at Truman and I'm sorry to see it gone so soon. It was so much fun, spending the weekend with my sister and our family. We walked around the town square where local merchants set up tents in the streets, selling their wares. Local vendors were selling fruit and vegetables from their farms and the square was packed with people walking, conversing, socializing. Dad and I went to the Dukum Inn for beers and to watch the baseball game.

It was a great afternoon that was followed by going to Thousand Hills for lunch at the lodge. After lunch Laura and I took a canoe out on the lake just like last year. We also caught the volleyball game on friday night and then saturday night we saw "Mad Chad," the chainsaw juggling comedian... and he was actually kinda funny.

I was sad to have to come home today and leave this weekend of wonderful memories behind, but in only 4 short days Laura is coming home on thursday night for the weekend. So I'm looking foreward to seeing her again this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home