Sunday, September 11, 2005

Dragging ass around the studio

Well that was one hell of a late night in the studio. Last night we started our studio session at 5pm and left at 1 am. I got home and in bed by around 2:30. I am so tired now and am thinking Ill hick the sack early tonight, although last night the only sack I was wanting to hit was Gary's for keeping me at the studio so late.

The good news is we finished mixing our 3 demo songs. Gary will probably have them up on Dmusic by the end of the week. All we have to do is give it one good listen through and decide if we want anymore changes, and then we can master it and get our demos pressed and distributed. The bad news is we're only practicing once a week now until I get out of school, which blows because with 2 days we were able to spend plenty of time working on new music. In my opinion this was a stupid move going to 1 day a week, although Gary says we should be happy we get at least one day a week together because its something tht used to be sparse with us before.

In terms of home news, saturday morning I'm lounging around the house like a bum at like 12:30 and someone rings the doorbell. I'm flipping channels and reading a magazine, still in my boxers and I go answer the door. A couple God Nazis are standing there and this guy dressing in the all white, over cornstarched, short sleeved shirt says:
"We're just out trying to spread the word of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In this time of fighting, what with the war going on and the riot in New Orleans we think it's important to spread the word of God that we need to work together. Even animals work together sometimes and if I could read a section of scripture I have here..."
At this point I stop him and say:
"Ehhhh, listen please don't take offense to this but I don't care."

Dejected, he said he appreciated my honesty and said have a good day. Afterwards I felt really bad but Gary tried to tell me I didn't do anything really wrong, it's not like I told him to shove his travel sized bible up his ass or anything. Seriously, God needs to stay in the churches and off my street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home