Sunday, September 18, 2005

I can drive

I'm reminded so much of a party many many years ago when I was drunk and yelling out "I can drive" to my friends as I was leaving a party I was hosting in order to go get some taco bell. Right now it's about 2 in the am and Im at Gary's house as Matthew's designated driver and I've actually drank more than he has. Gary is on the crapper and we're having philosophical conversations about life and relationships through the bathroom door because Gary has the shits.

It should be noted that I nearly killed Sanning because Gary came out with his dad's .357 Magnum to show us and I started pulling the trigger and Matthew nearly dove for the floor when the hammer was triggered. But either way, I've drank too muchg to be anyone's driver. There has been way too much drama for anyone at the party tonight at Gump's house to be bearable by anyone. We've got Beth and Rick arguing, and Gary and Julie arguing...and Matthew, poor poor Matthew who broke up with his girlfriend today. This is too much, really it is.

For serious, Matthew and I spent 30 minutes sitting in my car, drinking out of his bottle of vodka (in my car), while waiting for Gary to show up, in front of Gary's house. And Matthew nearly became a statistic on the 5 o'clock news. And here I would be in an interview, "Yea, Gary told me it wasn't loaded..." while Matthew bleeds out on Gary's self installed family room carpeting.

All of my friends, they seem to be going through a quarter life crisis. I've got Mike Jobst, longtime friend who's going through a divorce to another longtime friend, Stacey. I've got Beth and Rick, both who are obscure friends who come and go from time to time who I just don't understand when it comes to their problems. And I've got Gary and Julie who seem like a good match, but yet their is something immature about their development that doesn't rub me quite right...but I know they seem happier than I've seen either of them in quite a long time.

So now it's 2:21 am and I'm still alright to drive, even though I've been doing hits off the bottle of Three Olives Cherry Vodka in my car less than 40 minutes ago, and mixing drinks for myself in Gary's house less than ten minutes ago. All this conversation about relationships and responsibility are too much. I can still drive, but we'll see if I. haven't been arrested when we leave here tommorow morning. We'll see if I make it home. I'm Matthew's designated driver tonight, but I think i've drank more than he has. We'll see tommorow, when tommorow comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home