Thursday, March 15, 2007

I hate politics

I really do, because nothing is simple and clear cut anymore. Both sides of the spectrum try their best to smear the fuck out of the other side and when all is said and done, you don't know who to believe. Current example: Barack Obama...

Lately, I'd been looking at this guys politics and thinking he might not be a bad choice, although I am first and foremost a Rudy Giuliani man. Rudy aside, Obama's "fresh and youthful" approach has been one that hasn't escaped my interest and if Rudy failed to run, Obama might become my front runner. Then today I got what was more than likely a smear email about Obama.

What chiefly caught my eye was that it stated he attended an Islamic wahabi school in Jakarta, a school of radical Islam. Now, while I don't have a problem with Muslims in general, I strongly feel that an Islamic extremist has no place in the White House. We of course don't need a suicide bomber in the oval office. So before jumping to any great, mind changing conclusion I tried to research a little on the old interwebs to see if this was true. And therein lies the problem. I found both supporting affirmation of the claim as well as denial of the claim. Nothing can ever be simple in politics.

Giuliani 2008!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home