Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Going Postal

After I finished up my final exam this afternoon I stopped at the post office on the way home. Big mistake. I just wanted to get some stamps to mail my christmas cards, it was innocent enough. Apparently some people who don't understand how to operate vending machines somehow fucked up the stamp machine and the only other way to get stamps in there was to stand in a line about 20 blue haired senior citizens deep and buy em from the cashiers. I would fucking stamp my foot into some seniors ass if I had stood in line. The goddamn post office makes me flip, but then according to Tim just about anything makes me flip. But for serious, motherfucking seniors. Even if I did stand in line, the wait would probably only be long enough for 1 or 2 of them to die and not make a significant impact on line progression. I could have started yelling about how theres a sale at Dierbergs on mothballs and bengay and watched 'em stampede.

So I finally got off my ass and got the postcards written, and who knows when I'll get some stamps now. I've got 6, but I think Im probably forgetting some that I should send. I already remembered someone else I need to send one to. And I've got one I'm sending to South Korea, but I mean, what if I wrote something incorrectly. I'm seriously worried it's going to end up in the hands of some old crotchety man with bird flu and he's going to be so happy he'll write me a thank you letter with a side of bird flu.

All this anger has reminded me of a kick ass news story I heard about today. There is a guy, somewhere- I dont know where exactly- but he was tired of hearing about people complaining about lawn decorations that were too religious. You know, those fucks who demand we take the baby jesus out of the nativity display because it is aimed at one deity in particular. So he decorated his lawn with a santa scene that featured a bloody santa holding a knife carving up a baby and the lawn was covered in dismembered barbie doll apendages. No shit. Thats awsome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

RYN: You should! That would be so cool! :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm sure you wrote it fine, I haven't had any problems with packages and cards getting to me from the US.
No worries...
I sent you a card too, so be sure to let me know when it gets to you, k?
:)

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home