Sunday, October 09, 2005

Canoeing in Kirksville

Family weekend has ended at Truman U and now I'm back home. It's been a fun weekend but I'm beat and ready to get a good nights sleep in my own bed. I went up on friday night to pick up my sister with my family. We stayed at a hotel a few miles away from Truman and went to some big craft festival in the town square on saturday morning. I got some hot apple cider that was delicious and kettle corn. Everyone had their dogs with them too, which was neat. If my dog was there she'd have gone crazy and try to run after everyone and when she realized should couldn't sniff everyone, then she'd just squirt diarrhea everywhere like my computer room.

It was great seeing my sister. We went to lunch at Thousand Hills S.P. resturant and afterwards my sister and I took out a canoe on the lake. For the first few seconds I thought we were going to bail into the lake and it was going to be a cold drive back to the hotel. But intsead the water was calm and we got to work off that lunch on the scenic forest lake.

We even saw a horse drawn carrage that was carrying a bride to her wedding at one of the pavillions on the waterfront. Everything was decorated in autumnal colors, orange, browns, yellows of all kinds were streamed from the pavillion and the little gazebo they were getting married under. Even the brides maids had fall colored dresses.

Now I'm going to debate on going over to Beth's house tonight or not. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home